- 200 g wild rice
- 400 ml cider
- 350 g salmon fillet, ready to cook without skin and bones
- 2 baby fennel
- 250 g green grapes, seedless
- 1 green apple
- 150 g rocket
- 1⁄2 tsp coriander seed
- 1⁄2 tsp mustard seed
- 1⁄2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp balsamic white vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp grape seed oil
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package. In the meantime, bring the cider to the boil in a saucepan.
2. Let the rice cool down. Rinse the salmon, dab dry and add to the cider. Reduce the heat and poach at about 65-70 °C for about 10 minutes.
3. Rinse the fennel, clean it, keep the green for garnishing and cut or slice the tubers finely.
4. Rinse and halve the grapes.
5. Wash the apple, quarter it, remove the core and cut the quarters into narrow slices.
6. Rinse the rocket, clean and spin dry.
7. Crush the coriander with the mustard seeds, pepper and sea salt in a mortar.
8. For the dressing, mix the balsamic vinegar with the lemon juice, honey and oil.
9. Loosely mix in the rice, fennel, grapes and apple and arrange on a plate.
10. Take the salmon out of the cider, drain and arrange in portions on the salad. Serve sprinkled with the seasoning mixture and fennel green.