- 1 kg pumpkin, such as kabocha
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 75 g pomegranate seeds
- 50 g rocket leaves
- A handful coriander leaves
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C fan. De-seed the pumpkin and cut into 2 cm thick wedges. Place the wedges in a roasting tin lined with baking paper.
2. Combine 2 tbsp of the oil, the pomegranate molasses, the paprika powder, salt, pepper
and 4 tbsp of cold water and drizzle over the wedges. Roast for 35-40 minutes, turning several times, until the pumpkin is golden and tender.
3. Heat a small frying pan over a low heat, add the pumpkin seeds and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until golden and toasted. Set aside.
4. Take 25 g of the pomegranate seeds and place in a sieve. Using a metal spoon, press down to extract the juice. Discard the pulped seeds. Reserve the juice.
5. For the dressing, whisk together the pomegranate juice, the remaining oil, the lemon juice, the honey and some salt and pepper.
6. Transfer the cooked pumpkin to a large platter. Scatter over the pumpkin seeds, the remaining pomegranate seeds, the rocket and coriander. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.