- 7 carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large red onion
- 400 g chickpeas
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp curcuma
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 15 cardamom seeds
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry paste (more if you like very spicy dishes)
- 200 g coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 250 g Bulgur-Quinoa mix
- 30 g butter
- 80 g cashew nuts
1. Put the coconut oil in a pot, add cumin, turmeric, curry powder, coriander powder, cinnamon stick and cardamom seeds, fry until fragrant then add the chopped red onion and let it melt slightly until transparent. Add the carrots cut into rings. Cover them with a little water.
2. Cut the sweet potato into pieces and add to the carrots as soon as they start to soften. Add some water as needed.
3. In the meantime, prepare the Bulgur quinoa mixture. Bring 2 litres of water with salt to the boil. When the water boils, add quinoa and let it boil for 13 minutes, then drain and stir in the butter.
4. When the carrots and sweet potatoes are done, add the washed and drained chickpeas, stir in the coconut cream, salt and mix.
5. Lightly roast the dry cashew nuts in a pan over medium heat.
6. Serve sprinkled with coriander leaves and nuts.
Recipe: Patricia Sciotti - KACHEN's Editorial Manager