- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 60 ml appel juice
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 200 g risotto rice
- 6 tomatoes
- ½ tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
For the grilled greens:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- green beans
- salt and pepper
1. Heat the vegetable stock in a saucepan and keep just below a simmer. Blend 4 of the tomatoes in a blender, then add to the vegetable stock.
2. Heat a large, deep skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat, add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
3. Add the rice to the pan and stir fry with the onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add the apple juice and cook until the juice is completely absorbed.
4. Begin to add the stock and tomato mixture into the risotto, stirring each time and making sure each ladle is absorbed before adding the next. Keep going until all of the stock is used up, this should take between 35-45 minutes.
5. 5-10 minutes before the risotto is done, fill a baking tray with vegetables, mix with a tbsp of oil, season to your liking and grill at 180°C with hot air.
6. Dice the other two tomatoes and add them just before the risotto is done. Stir in the nutritional yeast and season with salt and black pepper.
7. Serve the risotto with the grilled vegetables.
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven https://www.instagram.com/aboutbeetroots/