- 3-4 tbsp (45-60 ml) Tom Yum paste, or to taste
- 400 g coconut milk
- 500 g butternut chunks, cut slightly smaller
- 300 g peeled prawn tails
- 15 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 cm-knob chopped ginger
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1.25 l chicken stock
1. Dry-fry paste, ginger, and garlic in a large saucepan for a minute or until fragrant. Toss in a little stock and mix well.
2. Add remaining stock, coconut milk, and butternut and simmer until butternut is cooked.
3. Blitz until smooth using a stick blender.
4. Toss in prawns and remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes (prawns will cook in residual heat). Stir through coriander and serve.