- ½ small broccoli head, cut into bite size
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 200 g tofu, drained and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
For the sauce:
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Mix all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat 30 ml water in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until boiling. Spread broccoli and cook covered with a lid for 1 minute. Transfer the broccoli to a plate and wipe the extra water from the skillet.
3. Heat the coconut oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, spread the tofu in the skillet. Cook the tofu until the bottom side turns golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip tofu and grill the other side. Transfer the tofu to a plate and set aside.
4. Add some more coconut oil (if needed) into the same skillet and heat on medium-high heat. Add onion. Stir and cook for 2 minutes, until the onion turns slightly golden. Add the garlic and ginger. Stir a few times until fragrant.
5. Add the sweet and sour sauce. Add the cooked tofu back into the skillet. Stir gently to mix well with the sauce. Cook until the sauce has reduced to the desired thickness, another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, add the cooked broccoli. Pour the tofu and all the sauce on top. Serve with rice or noodles.
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven https://www.instagram.com/aboutbeetroots/