This makes a delicious weeknight meal when you need something nourishing on the table fast. It also makes a great lunch and would even go well as a picnic meal or post-workout snack.
For the salad:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced (5-7 mm thick)
- 200 g chickpeas (canned), drain and rinsed
- 1 small broccoli head
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- ¼ head of red cabbage, chopped
- 100 g green salad
For the dressing
- 70 g chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dry dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- water to thin (about 50 ml)
- Preheat oven to 190° C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add the chickpeas, sweet potatoes and the broccoli to a mixing bowl and season with oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and evenly distribute on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. You'll know the broccoli is done when it's golden brown, the sweet potatoes will be tender, and the chickpeas will begin firming up. Set aside.
- While vegetables and chickpeas are baking, prepare dressing by adding hummus, garlic, dill, and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Then add only enough water to thin until it’s easier to pour. Set aside.
- Put the red cabbage, red pepper and green salad in a large salad bowl and add the oven veggies, pour some dressing over the salad and serve.
- Enjoy your salad!
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven