For the salad:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced (5-7 mm thick)
- 200 g chickpeas (canned), drain and rinsed
- 1 small broccoli head
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- ¼ head of red cabbage, chopped
- 100 g green salad
For the dressing
- 70 g chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dry dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- water to thin (about 50 ml)
1. Preheat oven to 190° C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Add the chickpeas, sweet potatoes and the broccoli to a mixing bowl and season with oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and evenly distribute on the baking sheet.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes. You'll know the broccoli is done when it's golden brown, the sweet potatoes will be tender, and the chickpeas will begin firming up. Set aside.
4. While vegetables and chickpeas are baking, prepare dressing by adding hummus, garlic, dill, and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Then add only enough water to thin until it’s easier to pour. Set aside.
5. Put the red cabbage, red pepper and green salad in a large salad bowl and add the oven veggies, pour some dressing over the salad and serve.
Enjoy your salad!
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven https://www.instagram.com/aboutbeetroots/