- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1.5 kg pumpkin such as Muscade de Provence
- (750 g peeled)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1.25 l chicken stock
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- 100 g red lentils
- 150 g spicy chorizo
- salt and pepper
1. Heat 4 tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and fry gently over a low heat for 10 minutes until softened.
2.Peel the pumpkin, de- seed and cut into cubes. Add the pumpkin and the smoked paprika powder and fry for a further 5 minutes.
3.Pour in the stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
4.Add the lentils, cover and simmer gently for a further 20-25 minutes until the lentils are cooked. Puree with a stick blender until really smooth.
5.Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the chorizo over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden and crisp.
6.Divide the soup between bowls and top each one with the chorizo and some oil.