- 600 gr potatoes (small ones)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 40 gr almonds
- 40 gr wild garlic leaves
- 20 gr basil
- juice of an lemon
- ½ tsp salt, more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 100 ml olive oil
1. Wash potatoes and place in a saucepan with boiling salted water. Simmer until the potatoes are very tender and can get easily pierced with a sharp knife, about 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Spread the boiled potatoes on a sheet of baking paper and gently crush the potatoes with the bottom of a glass until split, about 1,5 cm thick.
3. Brush the smashed potatoes with oil and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Put in the oven and bake until golden, about 15-20 min.
4. While baking, make the pesto. Put all ingredients for the pesto in the blender and mix until smooth.
5. Remove the ready-baked smashed potatoes from the oven and drizzle with the pesto and serve.
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven https://www.instagram.com/aboutbeetroots/