- 1 large onion, sliced
- 750 g (about 7) tomatoes, roughly cut into chunks
- 2-3 tsp (10-15ml) ground cumin
- 2 red chillies chopped
- 320 g red lentils
- 4 sliced garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1 l vegetable stock
- salt and milled pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200oC.
2. Toss onion, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, and chilli into a roasting pan with a dash of oil and place on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes.
3. Tip contents of tray into a large saucepan. Add lentils and stock and simmer until lentils are soft.
4. Blitz soup until smooth. Season and serve.
Serve topped with sliced chilli and parsley.