- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10-12 baby artichokes
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 50 ml white wine
- 200 ml cream
- 250 g white bread crumbs
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C with both top and bottom heat.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Remove the dry outer leaves from the artichokes and generously trim the tough tips off the remaining leaves. Carefully peel and trim the stem. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise and remove the hairy core.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and brown the artichokes for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, fry for another 1-2 minutes and lightly season with salt and pepper before deglazing with white wine. Pour in the cream and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Taste the sauce and add all the ingredients to an oven-proof dish. Rinse the thyme, shake dry and pick off the leaves. Combine the breadcrumbs with the anchovies, mix in the Parmesan and thyme and spread the mixture on the artichokes.
5. Bake the artichokes in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, remove from oven and serve.