- 1.4 kg local veal roast
- 16 slices of local cheese («roudebouf» from Fromagerie Schmalen, Berdorf)
- 8 slices of cooked local ham (Salaison Meyer, Bascharage)
- 40 g butter
- 4 tbsp of oil
- 4 carrots
- 200 g onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 200 ml dry Riesling
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 potatoes
- Vegetables of your choice
1. Brown the meat in a pan with the butter and oil. Replace the meat with the carrots and onions and let the vegetables brown.
2. Add the roast again and add the garlic and white wine. Simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
3. Filter the cooking juices and thick- en with the fresh cream and the egg yolk.
4. Cut the roast into 0.5 cm slices.
5. Place a slice of cheese and a slice of ham between each slice of meat.
6. Place in the oven at 180 °C for 15- 20 minutes.
7. Remove the meat and serve with the previously prepared sauce, the fried potatoes and the vegetables of your choice.
Recipe: Koeppchen Restaurant