- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 400 ml whipped cream
- 80 g pistachio kernels, roasted, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. rose water
- 300 g fresh raspberries (alternatively,use frozen raspberries)
1. Grease a 6 cm deep, 19 cm x 9 cm (base) cake mould. Line with enough baking paper to allow an overhang of 5 cm at either end.
2. Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a heat-resistant bowl. Put the bowl in a bain-marie, on low heat. Beat for 4 to 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Remove from heat. Beat for another 4 to 5 minutes or until cooled.
3. Mix in a large bowl. Care- fully fold in the cream, pistachios, rose water and two thirds of the raspberries. Pour the mixture into the prepared mould. Cover with cling film and deep-freeze overnight or until set.
4. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Decorate with the remaining raspberries.