- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 10 sprigs fresh thymin, stems removed (about 2 tbsp)
- 400 g tomato sauce
- 400 g diced tomatoes (can)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 400 g white beans, drained and rinsed
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- basil cut into fine stripes (about 20 big leaves)
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add in a few splashes of water and once it’s bubbling add in the diced onions.
- Stir until the onions has softened and become slightly translucent. Then add in the garlic, mushrooms, and red pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes and add another tiny splash of water as needed if the pan starts to dry out.
- Add in the fresh thyme and stir for a minute, then add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano, white beans, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Then turn off the stove and add in the fresh basil.
Tip: If you miss the crunchy pizza crust, serve the soup with some fresh bread and enjoy the full pizza flavour.
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven