- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 10 sprigs fresh thymin, stems removed (about 2 tbsp)
- 400 g tomato sauce
- 400 g diced tomatoes (can)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 400 g white beans, drained and rinsed
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- basil cut into fine stripes (about 20 big leaves)
- salt & black pepper to taste
1. Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add in a few splashes of water and once it's bubbling add in the diced onions.
2. Stir until the onions has softened and become slightly translucent. Then add in the garlic, mushrooms, and red pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes and add another tiny splash of water as needed if the pan starts to dry out.
3. Add in the fresh thyme and stir for a minute, then add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano, white beans, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Then turn off the stove and add in the fresh basil.
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven https://www.instagram.com/aboutbeetroots/
If you miss the crunchy pizza crust, serve the soup with some fresh bread and enjoy the full pizza flavour.