- 500 g frozen peas
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh herbs: oregano, parsley, marjoram, basil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 4 slices of white bread
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- 4-8 bacon rashers
1. Blanch the frozen peas in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes, then drain well, saving the cooking water. Set 4-5 tbsp. of peas aside for the garnish.
2. Peel the onion and garlic and chop finely. Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a saucepan and sweat the chopped onion and garlic on low heat until translucent. Add the peas and braise briefly. Add the vegetable stock and about 150 ml of the cooking water, then simmer on low heat for 5-6 minutes, lid off.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, and using a hand blender, mix the peas with the previously washed and dried herbs, the yoghurt, lemon juice and remaining oil until smooth. Season to taste with salt, pepper and coriander.
4. Dice the bread and fry in hot clarified butter in a large pan until golden brown.
5. In another pan, fry the bacon until crispy.
6. Divide the pea soup into four bowls, top with a slice