- 4 leeks
- 4 slices of Parma ham, or a different smoked ham
- 4 stalks fresh thyme
- 60 g walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350 g mixed mushrooms, e.g. shiitake,
- oyster mushrooms,champignons
- milled pepper
Pre-heat oven to 220°C top and bottom heat.
1. Wash and clean leek. Take 1 leek and cut into approx. 5 mm thick strips. Halve the rest of leek lengthwise. Cut ham into thirds crosswise. Wash thyme, shake dry and remove leaves. Roughly chop walnuts.
2. Coat baking dish or small baking tray with 1 tbsp oil. Place the halved leeks with the cut showing onto dish/ tray and distribute the leek rings among them. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and bake in oven for approx. 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, wash mushrooms, dry and shorten stems. According to size, leave whole, halve or cut into pieces. Heat rest of oil in pan and fry mushrooms until golden brown and season with salt and pepper.
4. Take leek out of oven and distribute ham on top, put back into oven for around 5-6 minutes.
5. When done, take out of oven, distribute the mushrooms on top and garnish with chopped walnuts to serve.