For the nougat glacé
- 100 g ground roasted almonds
- 50 g sugar
- 165 g local honey
- 100 g egg whites
- 1 vanilla pod
- Star anise powder, as desired
- 3.5 g gelatine leaves
- 230 g liquid cream (35%)
- 42 g-ml Grand Marnier
- 35 g whole pistachios
- 40 g candied orange peel
- 40 g candied yellow lemon peel
- 25 g candied ginger
For the yellow lemon curd
- 3 untreated lemons
- 1.2 kg simple syrup
- 65 ml lemon juice
- 125 g cold butter cut into cubes
1. Scrape out the vanilla pod and soak the gelatine.
2. Beat the egg whites to a snow with a mixer.
3. In a saucepan, boil the sugar at 110 °C.
4. In another pot, bring the honey to the boil.
5. While mixing, at first slowly pour the honey and then the boiled sugar onto the egg whites. Add vanilla, star anise powder and gelatine and combine. Let it cool down.
6. Whip the cream and add the Grand Marnier.
7. Using a spatula, carefully fold the whipped cream into the cooled meringue.
Add the crushed roasted almonds, whole pistachios and candied fruit.
8. Pour this mixture into a mould of your choice and freeze for at least 4 hours. Remove from the freezer and serve with the lemon juice coulis and a decoration of your choice.
Yellow lemon curd
1. Wash the lemons and cut them into half-centimetre slices.
2. Remove all seeds.
3. Place the lemon slices in a pot and cover with 500 g of simple syrup. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Drain the syrup, cover the lemon slices again with 500 g of syrup and bring to the boil a second time. Drain.
4. Put the blanched lemon slices in a blender and mix with the lemon juice, the remaining 200 g of syrup and the butter cubes until smooth.
5. Pass through a sieve and store in a cool place.
Recipe: Koeppchen Restaurant