- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 small onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary, pluck the needles and chop finely
- 700 g carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1⁄4 l vegetable stock
- 200 g pre-cooked chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- a good dash of cream
- salt and ground pepper
- espelette pepper
1. Fry the onions and celery in the olive oil. Add rosemary and carrots and steam over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir several times.
2. Remove 4 tablespoons of the vegetables and set aside for later.
3. Deglaze remaining vegetables with orange juice and add broth. Bring to the boil and simmer until the carrots are soft.
4. Add half of the chestnuts and puree everything finely with a magic wand
5. Then add the carrots and chestnuts set aside and stir.
6. Season with cream, salt, pepper and Piment d'Espelette.