- 120 g vegan margarine
- 80 g icing sugar
- 240 g flour
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g blackcurrant jelly
1. Whisk the margarine and icing sugar until creamy.
2. Add the flour, lemon zest and salt and knead well (preferably by hand).
3. Shape into balls, place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and press a hollow into the centre of each ball with your thumb.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 °C, top and bottom heat, and bake for about 15 minutes. If the dough in the centre has risen too high by the end of baking, use a wooden spoon to press down into the thumbprint while the cookies are still hot.
5. Gently heat the currant jelly to liquefy and pour into the wells of the cooled cookies.