Recipe: Marcel Biver
- 6 deer cutlets, 150 g each of sunflower oil for frying
- 1 medium-sized shallot
- some butter for roasting
- 30 white peppercorns
- 12 juniper berries
- 1 dash of cognac
- 200 ml of wildfond
- 500 ml of fresh cream, 30% fat
- 1 tbsp cornstarch,
- a little chives to serve
- some parsley to serve
- salt and pepper
- Knock the deer cutlets lightly and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chops in hot oil on both sides and then keep them in the oven at about 80 ° C.
- Peel the shallot, cut into very fine cubes and sauté in the same pan with a little butter.
- Crush the peppercorns and the juniper berries and place in the pan. Flambé with cognac, add wildfond and let it reduce.
- Add the Ekabe cream, bring to a boil and, if necessary, bind with 1 tbsp cornstarch.
Mix the cornflour with a little water and then add to the sauce.
- Serve the chops on a hot plate and sauté with the sauce.
- Finely chop the parsley and chives and sprinkle over the meat.
Serve with savoy cabbage, brussels sprouts and potato croquettes.