Delicious doesn’t always have to be time-consuming. It’s just a few quick steps to those tasty hearty green pea waffles cooked to crispy perfection. Fun to eat and perfect for prepping too!
- 200 g buckwheat flour
- 200 g chickpea flour
- 250 g frozen peas
- 300 ml oat milk
- 4 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- salt & pepper to taste
For the topping:
- 1 avocado
- Half a cucumber
- Handful sprouts
- 1 lemon
- Add the peas and the oat milk to the blender and finely puree.
- Mix buckwheat flour, chickpea flour, tapioca and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the pureed peas to the flour mixture and make a smooth, slightly liquid dough.
- Pour some additional oat milk if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat and grease the waffle iron.
- Pour the dough into the waffle iron in batches.
- Remove the slightly brown waffles with a fork and place them next to each other on a cooling rack.
- Served them with avocado, cucumber, sprouts and lemon!
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven