- 500 g pumpkin such as red kuri squash (300 g peeled)
- 200 g jasmine rice, to serve
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbs green curry paste
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 50 ml fish sauce
- 50 g palm sugar
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 8 baby sweetcorns, halved
- 8 raw king prawns, shelled but heads left on
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 handful of basil leaves, preferably Thai
- 1 handful coriander leaves
1. Peel the pumpkin, de-seed and cut into cubes.
2.Prepare the jasmine rice according to the package instructions.
3.Heat the coconut oil in a wok. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the green curry paste and fry over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
4.Add the diced pumpkin and fry for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the lime leaves, fish sauce, sugar, stock and coconut milk, bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
5.Add the baby sweetcorn and prawns to the curry and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the prawns are cooked.
6.Stir in lime juice and herbs and remove from the heat. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.