- 240 g of freekeh*
- 1 can (240 g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 handful of spinach
- salt, pepper
For the filling:
- Gruyère cheese chips
* As early as the 13th century, freekeh (or frik), a variety of durum wheat, harvested before maturity and nicknamed ‘green wheat’, was consumed in countries such as Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Egypt or Morocco.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Prepare the freekeh according to the instructions on the packaging.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the chickpeas, aubergine, sweet potatoes, and courgette with 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spread the vegetables on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
3. Sauté the spinach leaves briefly in 1 tablespoon olive oil. 4 Mix the freekeh with the remaining olive oil, chickpeas, aubergine, sweet potatoes, courgette, and spinach. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Garnish with Gruyère AOP crisps.