- 300 ml tepid water
- 15 g instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 500g white bread flour
- 1tsp salt
- 30ml (2tbsp)
- olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced into rounds
- 250 ml white wine vinegar
- 400 g vine tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 ml cream cheese
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 35 g pine nuts, toasted
- a handful of fresh basil
1. For the flatbread, place all of the ingredients, except for the oil, into a mixer with a dough hook. Knead for about 10 minutes on a low speed or alternatively do it by hand. Place in a lightly oiled bowl in a warm place to rise until it has doubled in size, about 30 – 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Knock down the dough and divide into 8 even pieces. Roll out with a rolling pin to form 8 flatbreads and place onto a lined baking tray. Use your knuckles to make indents all over the flatbreads. Brush each with a bit of olive oil and add Maldon salt and black pepper on top.
3. Bake until crisp and golden, about 20 – 25 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and store in an airtight container once cooled.
4. For the topping, combine the onions and vinegar in a bowl and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Heat the oven grill. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, and oil and place onto a baking tray. Grill for a few minutes until the tomatoes are tender and blistered. Season.
5. To assemble, spread cream cheese onto the flatbreads and then top with the chicken, onions, tomatoes, pine nuts and basil.