- 500 g floury potatoes
- 2 leeks
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- approx. 800 ml vegetable stock › 200 ml cream
- milled pepper
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 stalk fresh thyme
1. Peel the potatoes, wash and chop into cubes. Clean the leek, divide halfway, wash thoroughly and let dry. Keep some of the leek for the garnish and cut into fine strips. Chop the rest into rings. Peel the garlic and chop finely.
2. In a pot, heat 2 tbsp oil, add garlic and leek and sweat without letting them colour. Add the cream to the broth; add potatoes and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg and cook for approx. 15 minutes until soft.
3. Purée the soup until it has a fine consistency. If neces- sary, cook further or add broth. Season with salt.
4. Wash the thyme, shake dry and remove leaves.
5. In a pan, fry the leek strips in rest of hot oil until crispy. Add thyme, season lightly with salt and pepper.
6. Serve soup in bowls and garnish with leek ribbons.