- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200ml vegetable stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- cayenne (optional)
- sesame seeds, cilantro, olive oil, coconut milk and lime wedges for serving
1. Sauté the onions over medium heat in a pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Once they are translucent, one by one, add the garlic, ginger, curry paste, cumin and diced carrots and sauté for a few minutes each time.
2. Finally pour the vegetable stock, reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are completely softened.
3. Puree the soup until smooth and stir in the coconut milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Top with a drizzle of olive oil, cilantro and toasted hemp seeds. Serve with a lime wedge.
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven https://www.instagram.com/aboutbeetroots/