- 100 g vegan margarine
- 60 g brown sugar
- 180 g flour
- 10 g dessert cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp water
- grated Tonka bean
- cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Whisk the margarine and sugar until creamy. Knead in the flour.
2. Divide the dough into two halves. Knead the desired amount of grated Tonka bean into the first half (about 1⁄4). Then knead the cinnamon and cocoa powders and 1 tbsp water into the other half.
3. Roll out each half as evenly as possible between two sheets of greaseproof paper to create a rectangle (about 15x23 cm).
4. Leave the lighter coloured dough on the baking paper and place the darker one on top. Press together gently. Then use the baking paper roll up from the left, and place in the freezer with the baking paper (wrapped) for 1 hour.
5. Then cut into slices 1 cm thick and place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Reshape with your hands a little if necessary.
6. Preheat the oven to 190 °C, top and bottom heat, and bake for about 15 minutes.