- 4 eggs
- 100g dark chocolate
- 175g butter at room temperature
- 175g icing sugar (impalpable)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cans of ladyfinger biscuits
- 200g of 30% fat cream
- 100g raspberries
1. First melt the chocolate in a bain marie with half of the butter.
2.Once this mixture has melted, stir well and add the other half of the butter. Mix well to obtain a homogeneous preparation.
3. Add half of the sifted icing sugar and mix.
4. Separate the whites from the yolks.
5. Add the egg yolks one by one to the previous mixture and stir well between each addition.
6. The mixture can be whisked or blended in a food processor. Also add the second half of the remaining icing sugar.
7. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
8. Then add the egg whites to the chocolate mixture and gently fold in using a spatula.
9. Use a charlotte mould and place the spoon biscuits (Madeira) around the edge of the mould and add a few crushed ones at the bottom.
10. Add half of the chocolate "mousse", place ladyfinger biscuits on the entire surface and finish with the remaining chocolate "mousse".
11. Place the ladyfinger biscuits on top again, crush a few of them where you can see the chocolate and close your mould.
12. Leave to cool for about 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
1. Whip the cream with a little icing sugar (to be measured out according to your taste), put the cream in a piping bag fitted with a fluted tip and place it on your charlotte according to your wishes.
2. You can add a few raspberries on top for a tangy touch as well as grated chocolate.
Recipe: Les Desserts de Stéphanie