- 1 onion, chopped
- 900 g cauliflower
- 750 ml grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 60 ml chopped chives
- olive oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1.25 l chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and milled pepper
1. Heat a glug of oil in a large saucepan and fry onion and garlic until soft.
2. Toss in cauliflower and stock and cook until soft. Blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
3. Season and stir through 250ml cheese.
4. Top bread slices with remaining cheese and place under a preheated grill until golden and crispy. Top soup with chives and serve with toasts.