- 4 pears
- 50 g sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1⁄2 organic lemon, rind and juice
- 75 ml white port wine
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 ml pear juice
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Wash and peel the pears and remove the core with a ball cutter.
2. Caramelize the sugar with 2 tablespoons of water in a pan or pot. Halve the vanilla beans lengthwise, but do not cut them completely. Scratch out the pulp and add to the caramel with the pods.
3. Using a peeler, cut some of the peel from the lemon, add the peel and the squeezed juice and immediately deglaze with port wine, white wine, and the pear juice. Reduce the heat, cover the pears with the cut surface downwards and simmer for about 5 minutes at low heat in the sugar stock. Then remove the lid, turn the pears over and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Remove the pears, place them on a plate and bring the broth to the boil again until it thickens slightly. Add to the pears and let cool. Sprinkle with some cinnamon.