For the mayonnaise
- 1 whole head garlic
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp smooth mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sunflower oil salt, to taste
For the frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh cream (or use milk if you prefer)
- Salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup broad beans, blanched
- 3 artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Toasted baguette, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
2. For the mayonnaise, drizzle the garlic head with the avocado oil and wrap in foil. Bake near the top of the oven until soft and golden, about 35 minutes.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, mustard and vinegar. Add the sunflower oil a few drops at a time, whisking until incorporated before adding the next few drops. Once all the oil is combined, season and thin the mayonnaise slightly with a few drops of cold water if necessary.
4. Cut the roasted garlic head horizontally, squeeze the pulp out into the mayonnaise and stir to combine.
5. Preheat the grill.
6. For the frittata, whisk together the eggs and cream (or milk) and season. Lightly grease an ovenproof pan and pour in the egg mixture. Add the beans, artichokes and half the ricotta, and cook on the stove over moderate heat until the mixture has set at the bottom of the pan.
7. Place under the grill to cook the top half of the frittata, about 3-5 minutes, being careful not to overcook it.
8. Remove the frittata from the oven, crumble over the remaining ricotta and garnish with the mint. Serve warm with the mayonnaise and toasted baguette.