- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 400 g minced lamb
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp. sweet paprika powder
- Chilli powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 2-3 sprigs of mint
- Crumbs, as needed
- 8/12 artichokes
- 200 ml beef stock
- Mint sprigs to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C with both top and bottom heat.
2. Peel and chop the onion and garlic, sweat in 1 tablespoon of oil until translucent and let cool.
3. Season the minced lamb with salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika and chilli powder. Add the egg yolk and the onion mixture. Rinse the mint, shake dry, finely chop the leaves and add to the mince. Mix everything into a malleable mass, adding some bread crumbs if necessary.
4. Clean the artichokes, removing the outer leaves and generously trimming off the upper third with the tips. Remove the stalk. Hollow out the artichokes and fill with the ground meat mix.
5. Heat the remaining oil in an oven-proof pan, briefly sauté the artichokes, deglaze with the stock and bake in the oven for another 25-30 minutes until the meat is done.
6. Remove from oven, distribute the artichokes in bowls or deep plates with some of the cooking juices, garnish with mint and serve with pita bread on the side if desired.