- 3 eggs size M
- 250 g fine sugar
- 250 g flour type 405
- 2 tsp ground anise
- 1 tsp anise seeds
- approx. 50 g blood orange jam
- butter & flour for the baking tray
1. Place the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until frothy with a food processor until the sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Fry the anise seeds in a pan at medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Allow to cool and crush coarsely with a mortar.
3. Sieve the flour and gently fold into the sugar mixture together with the ground anise and crushed anise seeds.
4. Heat a large baking tray briefly in the oven, grease with butter and dust with flour.
5. Fill the dough into a piping bag with a star- shaped spout and spray on 2-3 cm dots. Leave a little space, because they run a little apart.
6. Leave uncovered overnight in a dry room.
7. The next day, preheat the oven to 150°C and bake the biscuits for 12-15 minutes. Don’t overbake, they should remain bright.
8. As soon as the biscuits have cooled down, assemble the biscuits by placing a small dollop of jam on one of the biscuits and placing a second biscuit on top.