A fresh twist on a classic combination. This Cranberry quinoa salad with orange, mint and kale is an easy side dish for a little bit summer feeling in the cold wet winter.
35 minutes / Serves 4
- 125 g quinoa, cooked
- 2 large leaves of kale
- 100 g fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp grated orange zest
- 6 small oranges
- 40 g mixed nuts
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Transfer quinoa to a large mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- Wash and remove stems from kale. Finely chop kale and add to the quinoa.
- Add cranberries, olive oil and maple syrup in the blender and pulse to coarsely chop. It shouldn’t turn to mush.
- When quinoa is cooled completely, gently stir in the oranges and cranberry mixture. Stir in orange zest in with the quinoa.
- Peel and coarsely chop oranges and mix in with the quinoa.
- Stir in nuts and mint.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven